I have posted a little about this engine on here a couple times here and there. Well we finally got an opportunity to run it in the family trickster, or for those who don't know our 235" Racetech 4 link dragster..

This is pretty basic combo nothing fancy really. Low Deck KB block, Crower Crank, GRP rods, CP Pistons, 55MM Roller, B1 originals with common shaft rocker set up B1 intake and Dominator. Trans is a Ried cased glide with an FTI 8" converter. BTW love these guys, two converters and they have nailed it first time on both. This one is shifted at 7500 and falls back to 6900, pretty dang close for sure.

Anyway we put the engine in the car before the MATS after popping the little 440. Was kind of a rush deal and worked on by committee. We finally got it out there and made some laps, did not run well to say the least(7.74 best) but we did find some issues from it sitting for the last few years. New springs etc. Proceed to the week following the MATS. We looked things over a bit more and found some issues. Biggest of which was lack of full throttle, as in just over 1/2 throttle. My son and a buddy checked it and obviously had a miscommunication as to what they were looking for. Was banging my head at the Mats trying to figure out why the car did not back half well and the plugs looked terrible. Well this would explain the crappy looking plugs for sure.

So proceed to this past weekend. We decide to run the all to rare test and tune at LVMS. The car responed to a new best on worse air than the MATS. With some tweaking to the tires and suspension we whittled that down a tad more to a best of 7.68. My son was running S/Pro that afternoon and he promptly lost RD1 to a 10.80 car, first time he had to chase someone with a 50MPH split in MPH. He did well but gave it back by .005 killing 8mph, oh well live to fight anoither day and it was his first first round loss of the year. He has only been racing for a year btw.

So Saturday night I am still perplexed as to why the car is not running well at all. Just should be quicker and faster. After tossing and turning all night I decided to just get up early head to the track and look things over again. We started at the beginning. First thing we wanted to check was the timing. Start the car let it warm up a bit and 32 degrees, ok that s fine, its off a couple degrees but certainly not enough to account for much. I then have my son take a look at it just to make sure in my old age I am not seeing things. He verifies it is at 32. Then we decide to bring the RPM up a bit and confirm it is ok. Well 2200 RPM yielded 20 degrees!! We had a high speed retard in the car, but just a 2 degree chip, but it was clearly pulling 12 degrees of timing!!! Well we throw in a 1 degree chip, didn't have the zero for some reason and low and behold we have 30 degrees of timing above 2200. Well that has to be the issue, we were certain. So we head up for TT1, not sure what to do with the tires and shocks just took a stab at it and guessed. Shook hard and he had to pedal it, but the car went .57 with a crappy 1.16 60'. Woohooo we have something to work with, and a potential problem. He is only licensed to 7.50 and I am quite certain that will be in danger on his second time hit. So dropped the air pressure another 1/2lb tightened the extension up a click and went after it. Below is the result.

We had to dial out opponents the rest of the day as he was to fast. He went red in RD 3 and legged it out to an identical ET with a bit more MPH. Still more there it is pretty lean still and while we did manage to pick up a bit more in 60' there is more there too. Still have abit of shake and need a better shock on it now. This was here in Vegas at 4200' DA with a Barometer of 27.92..Think this little low deck 572 might be a good one when we get done..And to think I tried to sell it and no one wanted it..

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"