Mines not real fast, but I think it runs pretty good for what it is though. It's a low-deck, low-budget 451 combo at .040 over, so 452 cubes. At the time I built it, I was on a shoestring budget; built the whole thing on side work I found for around $5000 total. Found a 400 long block a guy had pulled out of a pickup and let go of of for $75. It's a 230 casting but not the thick web variety. I used a 413 crank I bought for $50, found both locally on Craigslist. Had the crank magged and turned to fit. Block had to go to .040 to clean up, and I had it line honed with ARP studs. Pistons are Iconn flat tops with 5cc reliefs, fitted with Mahle plasma-moly rings. Rods are CAT H-beam (spare me the flaming, it's a budget motor) I had them looked at by my machinist and he said they were good to go. It balanced up with a bobweight of 2314. Its pump gas friendly at 10.5:1, and uses an Engle solid flat tappet cam spec'd by Moparts member Jeff Patterson. It's street friendly at only 252 degrees at .050 on a 109 cl. Square pattern at .573 lift with ProComp 1.5 steel roller tip rockers. Heads are OTB stealths with only springs & retainers swapped out. Intake is an Eddy RPM dual plane, and after 6 years with an old 2nd hand 830, it now breaths through a new annular 1000 HP & exits gasses via Hooker Comp 1-7/8" headers swith 3" cutouts that I open at the track.

Car is a full weight all steel & stock glass, 67 Satellite with every single thing that it came with from the factory in tact and working properly. I weighed it once with the original 383 in it and it was an even 3600 lbs; 3770 with me in it. Since then I think I've shed a few lbs by way of wheels, aluminum water pump & housing, alum heads. I'd guess it at about 3675 with me in it today.

The first weekend I had the car out, I think it went a best of 12.40. Since then, I've managed to whittle nearly a full second off the time slip with only suspension, chassis, & tranny work. Nothing except head gaskets has changed under the hood since the motor was assembled 7 years ago now, with the exception of the carb I mentioned earlier, and I haven't even begun to play withthat yet, it's exactly as it came from Holley. I think I've got it to where I'm making pretty good use of the power it's making. Last time out the car went 11.54 at 114.9, [edit: this past weekend it went 11.50 @115.3] and has 60'd in 1.581. Slow by race car standards, but then it's not a racecar. Although it's become a pretty decent bracket ride and I plan to race it quite a bit this year.

I jump in it and run to the store Every chance I get, hit some local cruise ins, and I took it on the NW drag tour in '15 logging around 400 freeway miles in 3 days with no mechanical issues.

Future plans are to send the heads out to Modern for a CNC port job and good valve-job. Of course the car will need a bar installed if I go any faster..... so there is that......

Much thanks to all the help from some pretty smart guys here at Moparts over the years!

Last edited by StealthWedge67; 05/07/17 03:25 PM.

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120