Morty426 is so correct. Worked in Automotive manufacturing all my working life. I worked in the Rim and Tire room for about 7 years in a row. We had about 1/4 of a skid of spare rims sit on a lift to be picked for three years with none being used. It was to far down the line for the workers and no one moved it to the easier spot that the rims should be. After three years of walking by these spare tire rims I got it moved to were the worker could pick the rims and put them on the line to have tires mount. In 35 years when someone wants to restore these vehicles they will say that their build date is three years after the dates on the rims and will be shaking their head trying to figure it out. The longer a plant uses the same material the longer extra parts lay around and sometimes they get found and put on the line months and years later.

I also bought a spare rim with tire not to long ago. It is an Orange rim and the owner that I bought it from said if was original from his 1971 Challenger trunk. I really only wanted the tire to change over to Black Chrysler spare rim. After I bought this I talked to another person that said he had the same thing with his 1971 Challenger Convetible an orange spare rim. I always thought these rims were for a AMC but maybe there was a time in 1971 that Rims got screwed up and Chrysler got these rims and used them. I still do not believe that the orange rims were in the trunk of a 1971 Challenger Convertible but who knows.

1971 HEMI E BODY REGISTRY