Originally Posted By Clanton
Do you have any thoughts on closing the sides of the K member to direct oil to the sump?

I have thought about doing that. The NHRA rule book for belly pans states something along the lines of the pan covering from frame rail to frame rail. Easy in a chassis car or dragster, not possible in a stock front suspension. I think closing off the K frame on the sides could bring it more in-line the rule, and the argument could be made that by utilizing the k frame and oil catch pan in this manner meets the intent of the frame rail to frame coverage. Might end up making block off plates at some point, especially if I raced regularly. I'm more interested in have a street car lately. I know a few people with similar setups that race regularly and never had an issue with tech. Its all about doing the best you can, no setup diaper or pan is perfect when dealing with stock suspension mopar with a steering link going through the pan.

In God we trust, all others pay cash. www.lightnens.com (Home of the world's fastest Paint Job)