Originally Posted By 65Fury440
I had a chance to drive around with the new fan.

I had replaced my fixed 4 blade fan with the 2765. The 4 blade kept the engine right around the 185 mark with a 180 degree stat until you really drove hard, then the temp would raise up to 200-210, at which point I would start to slow down and let the cooling system catch up.

With the 2765 and a 7 blade steel hub/ aluminum blade Mopar fan, the temp went right on up past 185 and never come back down, even driving easy. When I pulled into the garage, the temp was at 220, an all time high for my car.

With the 2947, the temp went right past 185, but stopped at 195. I am thinking that is when the clutch engaged. I ran pretty hard on a bout a 20 mile mixed highway speed, traffic light situation, temp stayed dead solid.

The exhaust is too loud to hear when the fan engages, but the new model is working, where the old model didn't.

Thanks for posting your test results 2765 vs. 2947 fan clutch. I'll be replacing my 2765 fan clutch with the 2947 fan clutch in the near future, hoping for similar results, lower engine temps especially in the summer.