So what was going to be changing valve cover gaskets and adding headers to mine and my sons 69 roadrunner ended up with some broken exhaust studs and a couple valve cover bolts...no problem pulled the head to make it easy to drill out studs right... well the head had a little fall off the bench and is now cracked.

So I need heads, and this 383 was in the car when we bought it,so unknown cam and compression specs but seems to run real well, no oil usage etc. Flat top pistons with no reliefs are around .020-.025 down from the deck roughly. We would like to run this motor for a year or more then build a mild stroker for street use. So ideally the heads would be able to transfer to the new motor, with proper springs, and freshened.

So would something like Sidewinder's or 440 source work ok with the low compressionn on the 383, in a 4 speed car with 3.55 gears, no power anything, on the street. We were running a stock iron 4bbl intake although I have Holley street dominator to try. Edelbrock carb is whats on it.

Thanks for any advice!