I don't believe its the wiring (I did untape the harness between the battery and past the part that goes inside and looked, all the multiple wire connections look good and passed the tug test. Years ago I discovered the broken wire deal, checking for the broken wire was one of the first things I did.) I have battery power to the all the relays with the key on. I have no check engine light, but I don't ever remember having one in the 5 years I've driven this truck.

Its kind of hard to check for a spark when your by yourself. I turned the key to on, put a screwdriver into the coil wire end (female end) and held it close to the AC compressor (thinking it should be a good ground) and jumped across the starter relay to crank the motor. I didn't see a spark, but I was doing a lot of stuff at the same time. I also didn't think there would be a spark if the ASD relay didn't get the signal there was fuel pressure. I did check for power with the key on at the plug to the coil and tested it with a test light and did not see a light, but as I think about it, isn't that suppose to have 5 volts? My test light won't light with 5 volts. I guess I will have to locate a wiring diagram specifically for a 93 Dakota and do more digging.

According to online listings for fuel pumps, they fit all Dakotas with 2.5, 3.9 and 5.2 from 91 through 97, only one listing for a fuel pump per brand/ price range (several brands with only 1 part number). I can buy one online for around $60 and up, at all my local auto parts stores the pumps start at $160 and go up! Maybe tomorrow I'll smack the tank and see if it will start, but I won't be able to be cranking it while I smack it. My arme are not that long...Gene