The morning started off pretty bad. I went out to start my 93 Dakota 4x4 with a 3.9 Magnum and all it would do was crank over. It ran Monday, and has about 1/2 tank of gas.

I don't hear the fuel pump, so I pushed the plunger in on the fuel line Schroeder valve and got a little dab of gas at a little pressure. (I do not have a fuel pressure gauge), so I checked for spark (by myself here) and I don't see any spark. I tried cranking again, but no start. So I checked the Schroeder valve and no fuel this time. I do not have voltage at the coil.

I have battery voltage to the fuel pump relay with the key in the on position. I swapped a few relays around, and try to start again. Crank only. Check the Schroeder valve again, no fuel.

1) I thought I should be able to use a jumper wire across the fuel pump relay and run the fuel pump, correct? No pump, no fuel at the valve.

2) I'm concluding I have no spark because I have no fuel pressure, correct?

3) Am I correct in assuming I have a dead fuel pump, have 158K on what I believe is the original pump.

4) I have here (2) 1991 Dakotas that were throttle body injected (La 3.9). Will the fuel pumps from the 91 throttle body trucks work with my 93 port injection truck? Gene

Last edited by poorboy; 04/11/17 01:03 AM.