Originally Posted By abodyjoe
Originally Posted By Twostick
I met him at Carlisle. He struck me as nothing less than a stand up decent gentleman.

I watched him make a pass at South Mountain with the S&M car. I commented on here at the time that they needed to change his name from Hemi Fred to Never Lift Fred.

Historical significance notwithstanding it was a race car and he drove it as such.

drive angel

Kevin
THAT is true he drove the sh*% out of whatever he was in the seat of He took a S%M car on the guardrail--beat the rocker back out and went again the next week---Ole Fred had one of the most solid "old school" history books in the business--he did it--he LOVED it and he really loved folks and helped everybody that crossed his path His posse around his home was solid and loyal as could be--it was obvious to me they loved the guy--and respected him--
He turned me on to a couple of recipes--the wildest tuna sandwich mix ever! Showed me how to grade Cragar Super tricks and buy them, my truck had engine light come on while visiting he made one phon ecall I went down the street two blocks busted in line and was done , fixed, and gone in 15 minutes for a wave--
he took me to a Fuel injection guru he knew --who in 10 minutes told me how to do my Hilborn and it worked perfect ever since!
He was a hustler!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esBZlzPc384&feature=youtu.be