* 6,000 lb + axles w/16" tires. MUCH less problems than 15" tires & a 28' can get up to 10,000+ quick, depending on car weight & what you carry.

* Generator box & wired for inside & exterior outlets. Nice to plug in battery chargers & big box fans outside & small air compressor, microwave, phone charger,, etc. inside. Gen. box is a secure storage space so you don't have to drag the generator out, but I have to leave the tray it's on pulled out because of the exhaust orientation. 3500/4000w is enough for me, but you may need more if running A/C too. But Ohio isn't like Florida. Champion gens are quieter than most but not as expensive as the high-end quietest ones.

* Consider an escape door. While I don't need it to get in & out of my Dart Sport, it's on a convenient side to get in at home and helps ventilate the trailer when working in it.

* Inside & outside lights if you plan on racing much at night.

* I have a lower L-cabinet and front upper cabinets along with custom racks for oil, chemicals, etc. Local shop was cheaper than buying ready made stuff, unless you find some used. But I gave them specs and pop-riveted them together myself. They just bent up the pieces.

* Internal door lock/latches as well as the swing bar locks that take a padlock. Double security for the side doors. (Buy good, HD padlocks for everything.

* Under-floor spare tire well(s). I have 2 but use one for storing jackstands, tire repair tools, etc. But I also carry a 2nd spare tire in the bed of the truck. (Depends on how much floor space is being used.)Might consider 30' trailer for room to sleep.

* Extended tongue if you expect to make many sharp turns forward or backward. I double-lock the tongue as well. Padlock for the latch & a ball lock.

* My vinyl flooring is a bit tore up, but I do a lot of work inside the trailer. I did install diamond plate where the tires sit during towing.

* I had an awning, but figure it's not worth it. Can be a pain to set up. I removed it all after it got older & damaged. Plus it adds weight & cost.

* Bogey wheels or skids help keep from dragging the tail on hills/dips.

* I also carry a 3 ton floor jack in my dually to make sure I can lift the trailer or dually in case of a flat. Extra boards in case I'm in grass or dirt.

* I check brakes & bearings more than average & use synthetic grease.

Try not to cut too many corners. It won't be worth it in the long run. Always go a bit more than what you think you'll need. But I wish I could afford diamond plate floors or a quality all aluminum trailer. Maybe one day.

Last edited by Locomotion; 03/25/17 05:39 PM.