If I were gonna run a roller, ive a 70-s cast roller cam and lifters, a nice reed unit where the lobes look more like one of todays solid lifter cams.

The shop does a block wash off, ive washed it good one time, spent several hours getting things in order and am about ready for the final wash and them cam bearings, ect.

The pistons I have are an odd set, all 10, remember when sets came in 10 and that was normal?

Max 360 CH iirc is like 1.687 and my pistons are 1.777 and so the quench pad before the dome is about .070 above deck. But with the chamber and wide selection of gaskets it will work out.

Id liked to of cleaned up the decks but dont even want to take .005 off because for the oem finish its really decent and I bought this block new and its in decent shape.

I ran into a really nice set of J castings and if needed will opent he chamber diameter and if I need few more cc-s I will polish the chambers, but might do it anyways.

Prior to getting started I did moch alot up and it is all doable and I think I can get a actual workable quench number on the pad itself.

In the end I dont care what fuel I run and another factor is in at 4k feet above sea level.

Another positive is ive a nice set of not moly rings but the better steel chromium nitrated top ring in the 1/16 size although its tempting to ditch the cast second ring and run a std. moly ring there.

But im trying to pull from my parts on hand.

Its so tempting to go with a small solid cam but until I know my true piston to valve specs im ok with this cam.

If this was 1975, this would actually be a very nice build with the venolia pistons and light rods and head work. Only bettered by a W2 build but very few had the W2 in 75 since they didnt semi mass produce them till 76.

Last edited by EV2Bird; 03/25/17 07:30 AM.