I have a 73 B Body with bucket seats. And I like to test out the track movement before removing the seats. Driver's side worked like a charm. Pass. side different story, could barely get it to move. Squirted WD-40 onto the tracks still nothing. So I decided to remove the pass. side bucket seat and see what the problem was. After getting it out of the car I discovered that it was the outer seat track that was having the issues. Inner track moved with ease. So I went a step further and removed the outer track so that I could work on it on my bench.

Well to my surprise no wonder it was having troubles moving back-n-forth I found an object inside the track channel (see pics below). A chisel of all things. I was able to remove it. So I thought I was out of the woods but now I have broken pieces of plastic falling out along with the 2 steel rollers. I believe that the plastic is some sort of a guide/cage for the rollers correct? 2 per track? If so do they sell repo plastic retainers? If so where? I Googled 1973 Charger seat track rebuild kits and all I was mainly getting was results for the riser pads.

Last pic shows the fragments of the broken plastic and the 2 steel rollers.

Application: 1973 B Body RH bucket seat, outer track.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. beer

Last edited by VegasCharger; 03/02/18 02:34 AM.