Wow, time flies!

I just thought I'd give a bit of a bump in anticipation of posting some new pictures and providing a bit of an update.

On a personal note, my dad's cancer is in remission and though my wife is now my ex-wife, I have a great girlfriend who makes me very happy!

Life has gotten in the way of my resto, but I've been back at it over the last month or two.

Currently it is completely done and running with the exception of the following;

- I have a problem with the brakes; still not sure if it's the master cyl, the booster or the linkage but something isn't right as there is 1/2" of travel on the rod BEFORE the brake pedal is depressed.

- Car finally runs; we took great pains to ensure a trouble free start up including, priming the oil system, filling the engine with Crane cams break-in oil and additive, pressure testing the fuel system, etc. First try; no power....after trying to track down the problem for an hour, we realized that the amp meter was pooched; THANK YOU AUTOINSTRUMENTS! Bypass the Amp meter and try again.....nope, nothing....another hour to figure out it's the neutral safety switch (also new) so we bypass that and she fired up right away. Ran it for 25 - 30 minutes to break in the cam. Sounds great with the 2 1/2 TTI and Dynomax Ultraflows....I can hardly wait to drive it!

- So I swap the neutral safety switch for a fresh one, and ........nothing! more tracing and we realize that the new harness is no good (thanks M&H! ). Cut the moulded rubber plug apart and find the broken connection to the center spade terminal; solder and reinstall....now it works!

- Still have to install the carpet, rear door panels, rear wheelwell moulding, seatbelts, seats and misc. interior trim...... and of course, figure out my brake problem. Current goal is the Old Time drags and car show in Mission July 30th and 31st, but I've had many completion dates go by the wayside!!

wish me luck and I'll try to post some recent pictures.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]