Originally Posted By Silver70
Originally Posted By 70RT Charger
[quote=Silver70]Bed liner is fine if your going to keep the car... go to sell it and it looks like its covering up stuff a lot more than undercoating. I've done it before... if the prep isn't really good, be prepared for it to fall off in chunks/crack etc. Undercoat sticks a lot better and flexes better.
Originally Posted By Silver70
I've done it a lot! There is so much wrong with this post right here it ain't funny. I scraped the factory undercoating off of my car and torched some of it off. Believe me if anything is going to hide anything it's factory undercoating and Bedliner sticks as good and will not crack and it does flex. Bedliner will show more than undercoating and you just can't gob it on and cover up $hit like your letting on.

You must be using spray can bedliner if you think it's thinner than undercoat per coat. Good bedliner is like 3 times as thick if not more per coat. Like I said, you want to hide stuff, use bedliner. I've used both at least 20 times and good resto rick undercoating looks so much better. I used to think the same as you, but not after the last car, never again... it's good for a truck bed and that's it. Bedliner looks like plastic, just looks out of place on a muscle car.
Your wrong there. The factory undercoating was put on thick, real thick. Not 1 car will look the same because they didn't care back then. As long as the car got covered they didn't care what it looked like. Like I've said I've scraped off a bunch of factory J55 cars and the results are not consistent. The stuff today is still not like the Undercoating they had back then. Try to duplicate this first pic of factory undercoating. I don't know what kind of junk bedliner you were using but it's obviously not the same what I use and doesn't look like plastic lmao. I've got some old pics somewhere if I can get them to download I'll post them. I done the 2nd pic about 4 years ago and in person everybody loved it and they even loved the Hippo liner I sprayed last year even better but I can't get those pics to download. Like I said If your driving the car use Bedliner unless you want to use undercoating and you like the dirt look that sticks to it but your restoring one correct and is a trailer queen I'd use the undercoating.

IMG_0548.JPGIMG_0547.JPG