Originally Posted By MarkM
Originally Posted By racealittle
I used the large tube A body TTI in an F body. Why would that not work with a M body?

I made my own mounts, rather than buying. The passenger side header can almost fall out if you remove the bolts. Driver side requires the usual tricks to install and remove.

We're talking big block, right?

Yeah, it would be exactly the same. Are these what you used?

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Category-ClassicHeaders/383440-134/TTi383440-134.htm

I'm using the Shumacher conversion spool mounts.

Yes those are the ones.

For the mounts, I determined the passenger side, on the cross member needed to be deepened about an inch or so, and the driver side the same thing. I found a way to cut and relocate the driver side the mount portion on the K frame. I should have done the same to the passenger side; but wound up pushing out the bushing, reworking the mount to install the bushing backwards. It was trial and error work, welding, cutting, fitting

I had the car with a big block for 32 years; the final 8 with the TTI headers. Aftermarket mounts should make the install easier. I had power steering, and lost the power brake booster with a 440 in there.

Last edited by racealittle; 03/10/17 08:08 PM.

Too many cars, too many parts, too little coin, too little space to work in, too little time left to make it all happen! Update: down to one ride, still too many parts, a little more jingle in the pocket, gaining space, and it's going to happen this year!