I highly agree with the above and unfortunately it happens to most vehicles that are street use only!

Track use is a different game as you basically want all your brake components to be top notch. 3500+ lbs. has to be able to stop consistently from high speed for 15-20 minute stints through out the entire day.

I run Carbotech pads as they have a way higher heat range than street pads and can cope with the abuse. Any of the other brake manufacturer should also work if their compounds are for high heat.

I use a white plastic brake fluid reservoir so that I can shine a flashlight through to see if any contaminants are in my fluid. I run Castrol SRF which is supposed to be the best brake fluid out there due to the high wet boiling point and replace that every other year.

Think you can install stainless steel brake lines and forget about them? Nope! Those should be replaced periodically as the crimps loosen over time and you can have a burst hose at the track.

Brake components are only half the equation in stopping as tire compounds and tire width/contact patch also play a huge role in slowing down. Yes all of these consumables get expensive but its still a lot cheaper than using a wall or another car to stop for you.

73 `Cuda
Instagram: @rylispro
YouTube: RylisPro
www.rylispro.com
925-214-9192