Quote:

Quote:

On my 67 coronet with stock wheel wells I installed 15X7 with a 4" backspace w/ 225-60-15 Radial ta's... On the rear I used 15X8 with a 5 1/4" backspace using 245-60-15 radial ta's..

I had some slight rubbing on the right rear inside fender well.. In measuring again, my rear end is an 1/8" further to the left contributing to the rub.. I installed a rear (firm feel) sway bar and ( something I disdain) a 1/8" spacer on my right side and it fixed the rubbing..

I agree with Lefty and to do it over again I would have used 5" backspace on the rear.. Remember that your wheel, lip to lip measurement will be appx 1" wider than stated.. ( 8" lip to lip will measure 9")... Personally without doing anything to the car I don't think you could go much wider on the rear wheel/tire combo than mine.... If you want to raise the rear, cut out the outer lip, move your springs, then your talking other options.... I see alot of people on here talking about wider tires and personally I have never liked the looks of "rear shackles" even from "back in the day"...

The fronts could probably go larger ( wheel and tire) and the "standard" 3 3/4 inch back space would work.. I wanted a basic cruiser that wouldn't walk all over the road and drive nice..

My 2 cents after having my wheels and tires on for 1200 miles....

Im ordering 18" wheels for my gtx so I was wondering about that. Its seems I should go 18x8, 0 offset, 5.5" backspace. Would a 5.25" backspace work?

Osyman, as you can see Lefty has alot more experience than I on larger wheel/tire combos on stock wheel wells... What year is your car?? The 68 and newer b bodies have larger wheel wells than us poor ole 66-67 people....

66-67 cars rear wheel wells slope up and into the wheel well decreasing the wheel well size, so the further up you go into the wheel well you start to lose width....