Quote:

On my 67 coronet with stock wheel wells I installed 15X7 with a 4" backspace w/ 225-60-15 Radial ta's... On the rear I used 15X8 with a 5 1/4" backspace using 245-60-15 radial ta's..

I had some slight rubbing on the right rear inside fender well.. In measuring again, my rear end is an 1/8" further to the left contributing to the rub.. I installed a rear (firm feel) sway bar and ( something I disdain) a 1/8" spacer on my right side and it fixed the rubbing..

I agree with Lefty and to do it over again I would have used 5" backspace on the rear.. Remember that your wheel, lip to lip measurement will be appx 1" wider than stated.. ( 8" lip to lip will measure 9")... Personally without doing anything to the car I don't think you could go much wider on the rear wheel/tire combo than mine.... If you want to raise the rear, cut out the outer lip, move your springs, then your talking other options.... I see alot of people on here talking about wider tires and personally I have never liked the looks of "rear shackles" even from "back in the day"...

The fronts could probably go larger ( wheel and tire) and the "standard" 3 3/4 inch back space would work.. I wanted a basic cruiser that wouldn't walk all over the road and drive nice..

My 2 cents after having my wheels and tires on for 1200 miles....

Im ordering 18" wheels for my gtx so I was wondering about that. Its seems I should go 18x8, 0 offset, 5.5" backspace. Would a 5.25" backspace work?