Originally Posted By topside
So Monte, do you mean OEM supercharged motors in PS chassis? Maybe either in sealed/crate form, or with teams allowed to tweak on them?
That could be interesting, and more in line with Pro Stock's roots...especially if rules dictated a more-stock body, more of it being OEM materials. I know a lot of folks are caught up in the 6-second ETs, but I don't care as much about that as much as seeing an actual contest; heck, I love the Stock & SS classes all the way "down" to the 12-second cars.
That might step on the FS classes, but Pro Stock Camaro is pretty boring, and they look as much like OEM Camaros as my '97 Mustang does.
It would be better if PS had the Big 3's ponycars represented.
That's exactly what I mean. Take existing Pro-Stock cars, drop in late model supercharged motors and go racing. This was the scenario that Mopar was really pushing for. The cars don't need to be stock. Already have that in Factory Stock, Top Stock, etc. No need to scrap millions of dollars worth of cars...........just change the motors.

It's NOT going to move to stock bodies, because there is too much aero involved at those speeds. Would be fairly easy to even out the aero packages between the 3 cars. A cubic inch and boost limit and go from there

Last edited by Monte_Smith; 03/03/17 11:34 PM.