Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
While beadlocks look cool and make the tires a snap to change, which are big plus, the locks DO serve a more important function on a small tire car. That is to stiffen the sidewall of the tire. There is not a car out there that likely could not be improved by stiffening the sidewall of the tire. It's not a question of if high tack works( I would NEVER use it on a race car, but that's personal) or if screws work, it's a matter of trying to get all we can in 60ft. Stiffening the tire helps. We run beadlocks AND tubes to this purpose.

To the original question........the car runs well, but I think it should 60ft better. From the questions you have asked before, as well as video, there definitely is more than. As for radials, provided the track is good enough, there could be a lot of ET in the different tire. Not only will it 60 better, but the tire stays "stood up" and doesn't eat ET to nearly the 330 like slicks can. It will 60 better, but the front split will also be much better and both helps the ET.

While we haven't run slicks in a while now, at one time, we were .12-.15 quicker overall on radials than we had ever been on slicks. We have been 2.76 to 330 on radials. High 2.80s on slicks. I have a customer on 29.5s that I have gotten to 1.02-1.04 in 60ft, but it won't touch the Buick at 330. The tire is just that much better.

To go much quicker in 60ft than you are now, two things have to happen. The car has to work and work well and you need good parts. We recently went from one set of $2500 rear shocks, to a different set of $2500 rear shocks. There was a SOLID three numbers in 60ft and this is between two of the best shocks you can buy. From these to not so good shocks, could be nearly a tenth. Some might think it's crazy to spend that for 3 numbers in 60ft. But in this type racing, that's huge. That could be 6- 8 numbers at the stripe. How much would you have to spend on power to get 8 numbers at the stripe.

Provided the track is good enough?
I'm I right in assuming that a poor track will favor a NON radial slick?
I've seen some track on video and it's like fly paper! Up hear that is not the norm.
Matt