You need to keep in mind that many here (not me, I will) will not even run an iron head, and some here (not me again) have pretty deep pockets and would not take the time to mess with iron heads and some just dont have the time.

For your entry price of $275 as you state, is it worth it to proceed?

I would think it depends on your needs, at the end of the day your gonna have a killer set of heads with rocker geometry thats very correct.

If your happy with the power level they will provide, then your in high cotton.

The positive is you have brand new castings, unlike these listed on ebay, used but with the stands cut, chambers work and no pics of the intake ports, used for $500.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272538720727?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Although I might offer the guy a bit less.

With ebay guys wanting $1500 for rebuilt J heads is crazy but some do sell.

Many here seem to strive for that 10 second street car and they are fun but alot of work and money and unless you want to claim caveman status not practical to drive every day.

Ive noticed fabo seems to embrace alot of builds of many types and many understand a good running street car can be a 12-13 second ride.

But this is a race section, and most the time only class racers or budget minded folks will run iron heads.

After over 20 years of race blocks and al heads im going backwards to oem parts that run good.

So dont feel your going backwards or on the wrong path.