I had a CSR carbon fiber shield on mine when the front drum exploded in 2008. If it wasn't there, I'm pretty sure I'd have lost parts of my right foot. It was mangled up, but it did it's job. The explosion forced it up into the floorpan, pushing the floor up against the back of the brake pedal and breaking it loose at the firewall seam. Broke the throttle pedal assembly and it felt like someone hit my right foot w/ a hammer...but NOTHING came through the floor. I don't have any pics on this computer, but it was a mess. The bellhousing bolts only held on small pieces of the bellhousing to the block and the tailshaft housing was there...there was nothing else left of the aluminum trans case, pan, or valvebody. All that was swept up off the track from the starting line to about the 60 foot. Crawl under the car and you could see the clutches hanging off the shaft just behind the converter. The cooler lines were just hanging down still connected to the fittings w/ a small section of trans case attached, lol. HUGE mess, but would have been devastating w/o that shield.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax