Originally Posted By mopowers
Originally Posted By RapidRobert
Originally Posted By mopowers
The clutch fan I've got right now is a little deeper in the shroud than ideal. I'll likely switch to a fixed fan this summer as the clutch fan doesn't seem to cut it when stopped for a while. I may try a better water pump too.
I'm wondering it it is a water flow prob or airflow (or a combo of both). what is the pulley ratio? can you feel or sense good airflow at idle. I've seen some C bodie setups that have a tornado of air flowing

The water pump is in good condition, but just a stock replacement- not sure which one though.

Not sure on the pulley ratio. I could measure though. I didn't realize they made different diameters.

It seems to blow a bunch of air at idle. The cooling systems stays cools when driving, but even in the colder winter weather, temp starts to creep up when stationary. I've got a fixed fan on hand, so I'll likely toss it on when the weather warms up to give it a shot.

Part of your cooling issue is the fan is too deep in the shroud. This really hurts efficiency. As stated earlier a 50% or so immersion into the shroud will help improve your airflow.

70 Road Runner 383-4 4 speed FJ5 & black guts
70 Charger R/T 440-4 4 speed FJ5 & white guts