Very good article, I have met many people since I started racing seriously about 30 years ago. People come and go, a guy will come race a few years then disappear. At my track the core bunch of guys and girls have been coming there for years. I have been very fortunate to have a few mentors that have been by my side for years including a friend that a ran a factory sponsored stocker back in the early seventies ( yes a Mopar ) he still does my transmissions and as a matter of fact is doing some welding for me tomorrow. The way everybody helps each other out is one of the great things about the sport, I can name many examples but a few stand out... a few years ago I had a problem with my car that day and couldn`t race, I was in points, a pretty well known bracket racer/ parts dealer in these parts comes up and says: Bill do you want to use my car?, we can double up, I will always remember that. Another time another pretty well known brand x racer friend of mine broke his car ( he drives it to the track) he was in points also, I unhooked my trailer and he ran my H.Q.C. to get the points. Another friend also broke his car another time , I just happened to have my D150 at the track that day he jumped in going rounds in two classes including going to the semis in one. A few times every season I get down on myself for doing poorly and get upset but I remember and my wife reminds me... this is supposed to be fun, she's right and I remember how much fun I had the race before despite doing poorly and come Monday I am itching to go racing again

IMG_1068.PNG

68 Dart 410 / 904
92 D150 original owner
21 Ram 1500 Quad Cab, Big Horn , Hemi ,4x4
23 Audi Q5
16 Honda HRV