Thats it in a nutshell and thats to have fun. I figure thats what life is about which is doing what you enjoy and having fun doing it. I cant afford to race much but I live within my budget and even when I cant race I can still take my 63 out to the local cruise spot and bench race and have fun. I love racing and will do it when I can until I die and I will enjoy it all the time.
Its funny as I am only (yea only) 60 and my brother is 65 and I have more health issue's with my joints and my other problems but he races with the 422 NSS club and I would see him go to a race 4 hrs away on a hot July weekend when its 95 to 100 out and humid and it can be so crappy out that I dont even take my 63 to the local cruise if its so hot I dont have fun and I think to myself how can he be enjoying it in this heat ? He always tried to make all their races and run the points and I told him hey just go to the ones you want and have fun and dont worry about chasing the points as I could see him slowing down the last few years. And this past summer I was surprised when he told me a few weekends when he missed their races as he said when its that hot and it just gets me so run down I think I will stay home that weekend or not go to that race. I think he felt it was not as much fun when he forced himself to go racing in such heat that it wears him down and he did not have alot of fun. He even said to me so what if I miss a few races as I want to enjoy the race and have fun when I do go. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 01/13/17 06:32 AM.