The magnum heads flow well enough to run just over 400 crank hp. It will be much more potent than your LA. my Dakota cane with a 5.2. Just an M1 intake, headers, mild cam, and a re-tune, it was pushingvmy 4000 lb truck to mid 14s at almost 100 mph with 2.2 second 60' times.

Indy still has a few Mopar 4bbl magnum carb intakes in stock but the EFI guys are buying them up and machining them for EFI because the stock for the EFI versions has been consumed. They're about $325 shipped. It's a single plane but don't let that scare you. Everyone says single plane kills low end torque but I have no lack of off idle torque.

All you REALLY need to swap the whole thing over is a carb, intake, distributor, and electric fuel pump. You can run the accessories as non-AC with a shorter belt, but not the factory non-AC belt unless you get a non AC alternator bracket. Google will tell you the correct belt. I don't remember off the top of my head. The alternator can be hooked up to an external VR even though the magnums were controlled by the computer.

If you do any mods, you can really wake up that magnum. They respond well to cam swaps. Something around 210-220 intake duration, and with the right springs and retainers, it's a bolt on swap.

Jeeps did commonly have the starter on the passenger side, but I think that's all in the trans. I may be wrong though, so definitely check that.

**Photobucket sucks**