Originally Posted By moparx
Originally Posted By Crizila
Originally Posted By moparx
would i be possible to get you to measure out the rolling platform and post the dimensions ? length, width, height, material thickness ? plus the roller dimensions and the axle diameter ? thanks in advance ! up also, how wide are the ramps and how wide is the space between them ?
beer
rolling platform
L= 33.5"
W= 14"
H= 2.5"
Material thickness= 7/32"
roller wheel= 2 1/4" O.D. 1 5/8" groove dia.
axle= 1.5" dia through platform. 1" dia through roller.
ramp width= 18 5/8" (tread surface area)
space between ramps= 35" (open area).

up bow boogie thanks a bunch !
beer

the reason i ask this, is i have a short lift system almost built from scratch. i have no room for a conventional 2 or 4 post, nor do i have enough room for a mid lift [4 foot] either. so, i fabbed up an item similar to that "quick lift" ramp deal. it is a set of 20"wide ramps, for lack of a better word, that are hinged [with 1 1/4" pins] to a pier the front tires set on that is 22" from the ground. when you drive on, the rear of the ramps are lifted by a set of big truck air bags. when the ramps are just a little above level, a second pair of piers are slid under the ramps, and the air is let out of the bags allowing the ramps to rest on the rear piers with the remaining air left in the bags. chocks are permanently welded to the front piers [which also contain provisions for alignment turn plates], and are adjustable in the rear to accommodate different wheel base vehicles. i have been working on this for a few long years, and hope to be able to complete it sometime in mid 2017. it won't be the ideal set up, but will be better than nothing. plus, i still get to use up my "stock" of cardboard creepers, but will be at least able to set up instead of being flat on my back.
beer