Originally Posted By dd340
Originally Posted By BSB67
Originally Posted By dd340
I have been running a 69 dart 340 for a few years with a racer brown cam 220* .460 lift cam. It works really good but I would like to increase the horsepower. Any recommendations for a small block running stock manifolds? I would consider a solid cam but would prefer hydraulic. I have stock 2.02 valve heads and stock 10.5 compression.
My original idea was to put headers on it but TTI's and full exhaust run close to 2k in Canada so I'm hoping for a better option.
Opinions?

Based on your opening question and some of your responses I think we need to know your budget, and your expectation. Certainly you can put headers on the car for far less than $2000. I also think that that a different cam will put more power in it too.

Your car/motor seems to run about right for what it is, and making any one change will not likely yield a huge gain.

Are you running your current combo on pump gas? If so, this surprises me. What is you cranking cylinder pressure?

If you go to a cam swap, I would go with a small solid

Currently yes I only use pump gas but it tends to knock on 91 octane so I pretty much only run it on 94 which I have easy access to.
If I go the headers route I will also swap the cam since I think it makes sense to maximize the benefits of it.
It's not so much a budget issue as much as cost per benefit, 2k just seems like a lot for an exhaust swap. The exhaust I have now is all original so I kind of like it as is. My hope was to gain 30hp without switching out my current exhaust but that may be unrealistic.

102 is a Nice MPH. My opinion? A good set of DA shocks will be a better ROI than the same amount on chasing the HP left on the table.