Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
Originally Posted By madscientist

That tool posted in the first post doesn't remove metal so I have no idea how MM is doing what they claim with that tool.

I have a Lisle precision cylinder hone like that hone, Sunnen makes one and I'm sure other good tool company make them and sell them also. I have removed over .0015 taper from more than one block with a torque plate mounted on them shruggy Their is a knob on the top of the hone to put pressure on the stones, the more pressure the quicker the cutting. Lisle and Sunnen offer different grit stones also up
I quit using mine long ago due to the time involved to get the job done compared to paying a good machine shop to do it on a commercial honing machine work shruggy

Guess I should have been more clear. I can't see the pic very well in the first post. I clicked on the link and looked at the hone in that link.

The hone they are showing in THAT picture is a monofilament BRUSH hone and will not remove much more than .0002 and you have to lean on it to make it do it.

I realize you can get roller cores with different bearings, but again, in the article, looks like they are using a FT cam. Didn't know you can get a core with different bearings for that.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston