Originally Posted By rumblefish72
Why don't you call Diamond Pistons up and ask them. They supplied the pistons for the buildup that Mopar Muscle Magazine (Dan Foley) is doing as a multipart series in the latest issues. See: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/street-hemi-hardware-valvetrain-secrets-ray-barton/

In the first installment where they blueprint the head, they say that the exhaust angle only changed by 1.5 degrees. So I suppose that for anything mild on the camshaft/compression, you'll be fine. But as always, you need to check during mock-up so you can sleep at night.

That Edelbrock head really flows the number ... that give-away motor that MM did for Carlisle made big power. When I asked MM why it dyno'ed so big, they said that the Eddy Head with a just a little clean-up flowed really big CFM ... like as big as my Stage V with full street CNC from MCH. So I think that is the head to run to get big flow without spending a bunch of $$ on custom CNC work.

I wonder what happens to the rocker to valve tip alignment on the exhaust when you give the valve an extra 1.5 degrees of cant at the combustion chamber. That might move the tip of a long valve too far out for a stock rocker arm. Edelbrock says you can run all stock pieces with this head so I wonder how they engineered the additional 1.5 degrees AND kept the stock rocker geometry.

PS: That 440 block you sold me checked out good after coming back from sonic at the machine shop. Thanks!!
Glad that block worked out! We had that thing here since the '80's! Thanks for the info too!^