Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By GY3
Our track has a HUGE street car turnout on grudge nights. Being in Kansas, I can tell you every single car has coolant in it. They do check for an overflow, but it always has green Prestone in it and they never say a thing.

How many tracks actually police this?
Very few CHECK for anti-freeze. This is just one of those "unwritten rules". Been several times I know of that after a guy dumps a couple gallons of anti-freeze on the starting line or sprays it the length of the track......that he is invited to NEVER come back to that track

Agree and hardly any do.

Back in '06 when I was running with F.A.S.T. we were at Lebanon Valley and I was on the return road when one of the Stock guys goes past me on the track and I can see something spraying on the ground under his car as he goes by. I was near half track, stopped my car, jumped out, ran over to the wall and was waving to see if I could get someones attention in the tower or starting line as Tom Cannon and Ralph Barbagello were staging , they saw me but only said something about moving back from the wall ... Tom and Ralph launch and as Ralph goes past Tom about 100 feet out Tom's Challenger takes a hard RIGHT and spins behind Ralph just missing him, does a 360 and just taps the wall ... luckily the damage was minimal ... at that point they decide to check the track and clean up the Coolant that was sprayed all the way to the end of the track from just past the starting line ... the racers bypass hose of his 340 had come off as he launched ...

Draining out the water is not as big a deal as it is fixing your car after you wreck it ...

running up my post count some more .