Moparts

Coolant for track

Posted By: 68dodge

Coolant for track - 11/18/16 11:51 AM

Is there any coolant that is track legal besides water? I hate to have drain and put antifreeze in every winter.
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 03:34 PM

not out in these parts....
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 05:43 PM

Originally Posted By J_BODY
not out in these parts....

For your one day of winter? Don't think you need antifreeze!!
Posted By: sr4440

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 06:18 PM

http://www.evanscoolant.com/products/high-performance-coolant/

Joe
Posted By: GY3

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 06:23 PM

Our track has a HUGE street car turnout on grudge nights. Being in Kansas, I can tell you every single car has coolant in it. They do check for an overflow, but it always has green Prestone in it and they never say a thing.

How many tracks actually police this?

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 06:50 PM

Not legal for track, just waterless and is more slippery and would bet just as hard to clean up.

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 06:53 PM

Originally Posted By GY3
Our track has a HUGE street car turnout on grudge nights. Being in Kansas, I can tell you every single car has coolant in it. They do check for an overflow, but it always has green Prestone in it and they never say a thing.

Aren't you as racer supposed to police yourself so you don't cause unnecessary clean ups and danger to your fellow racer so he doesn't crash in your slippery coolant. I though the rules where for our own Saftey and that of our fellow racers.
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By GY3

Very few CHECK for anti-freeze. This is just one of those "unwritten rules". Been several times I know of that after a guy dumps a couple gallons of anti-freeze on the starting line or sprays it the length of the track......that he is invited to NEVER come back to that track
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 07:29 PM

Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By GY3

Very few CHECK for anti-freeze. This is just one of those "unwritten rules". Been several times I know of that after a guy dumps a couple gallons of anti-freeze on the starting line or sprays it the length of the track......that he is invited to NEVER come back to that track

Agree and hardly any do.

Back in '06 when I was running with F.A.S.T. we were at Lebanon Valley and I was on the return road when one of the Stock guys goes past me on the track and I can see something spraying on the ground under his car as he goes by. I was near half track, stopped my car, jumped out, ran over to the wall and was waving to see if I could get someones attention in the tower or starting line as Tom Cannon and Ralph Barbagello were staging , they saw me but only said something about moving back from the wall ... Tom and Ralph launch and as Ralph goes past Tom about 100 feet out Tom's Challenger takes a hard RIGHT and spins behind Ralph just missing him, does a 360 and just taps the wall ... luckily the damage was minimal ... at that point they decide to check the track and clean up the Coolant that was sprayed all the way to the end of the track from just past the starting line ... the racers bypass hose of his 340 had come off as he launched ...

Draining out the water is not as big a deal as it is fixing your car after you wreck it ...
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 07:42 PM

I don't know why guys think this is such a project to add and remove anti-freeze ONCE a year. These are probably the same guys that be-itch the loudest waiting for track clean-ups. Cheese and rice.
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 07:48 PM

Not trying to hijack this thread but what is best product to add to the water to keep corrosion to a minimum?
Posted By: 68dodge

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I don't know why guys think this is such a project to add and remove anti-freeze ONCE a year. These are probably the same guys that be-itch the loudest waiting for track clean-ups. Cheese and rice.

Wow! Did not realize this would upset you. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen any new products that are legal to use.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Coolant for track - 11/18/16 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By 68dodge
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer

Wow! Did not realize this would upset you. Just wanted to know if anyone has seen any new products that are legal to use.

Hey it is what it is and its really not hard to do. I make things on my car that I hate doing easier so its not hard next time. They sell screw in block fitting that go right in the factory block drain plugs and most radiators have drain plugs. Drain a gallon of water and add a gallon of antifreeze. Catch it next year and reuse it. It may save YOU from wrecking or someone else. Prestone also offers waterpump lube and anti-rust to use during the summer. I don't honestly know if its safer than antifreeze as I use plain water and change it out often during the Summer.

http://prestone.com/enmx/node/1428
Posted By: Spaceman Spiff

Re: Coolant for track - 11/19/16 02:53 AM

I had a friend try that in his turbo car.
sure, it did bring help to bring down the coolant temp some....
but his OIL temp went UP 20*....
i guess the heat has to go somewhere..
Posted By: 383man

Re: Coolant for track - 11/19/16 01:29 PM

As said its more of an unwritten rule. But I know that at the T & T I was at a few weeks ago atleast half the cars there were street cars and I am sure 99.9% had anti-freeze in them. Sure the track dont want coolant in them but I dont think they will turn half the cars away and loose all that money or take the time police whats in each cars rad. Course they should as they tell me its a bigger pain to clean a coolant spill then an oil spill. Ron
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: Coolant for track - 11/19/16 04:53 PM

I switched to water only and now electrolysis is killing radiators, I was thinking about using Evans, but I'm bummed to read it's just as slippery as antifreeze.
Posted By: moparmacka

Re: Coolant for track - 11/27/16 03:35 AM

Penrite 10 tenths. I almost positive the have a warehouse in the US. Great product, non glycol based inhibitor approved by all Australian Motorsport sancioning bodies.
Check out - penrite.com.au and look under the racing heading, then scroll down to almost the bottom of the page.
Posted By: Scamp408

Re: Coolant for track - 11/27/16 12:57 PM

http://www.lubegard.com/~/C-201/Kool-It+Supreme+Coolant+Treatment
© 2024 Moparts Forums