Quote:

The 400 block is what I was using in my example they have a 3.75 stock stroke and will only except a 3.8 stroke crank. Any thing more than that and he is using a GM racing block (Bowtie) or after market block. No rear brakes I believe is a safty issue that should be addressed.

Danny, it can be done legally.......

With Chevy blocks we are in somewhat of a better situation as far as block integrity goes. For the most part, factory Chevy blocks are good--at least for anything other than endurance racing (Cup car and the like) to power levels in the 700-800hp range. Find a thick 400 block or a regular Bow Tie block and bore sizes up to 4.185 are no problem. Once in a while a really thick one comes along that will go to as much as 4.250 on the bore. With a 4-inch stroke, that makes 454 inches, but that is almost certainly the limit for a stock-configuration small-block Chevy. To get even a 4-inch stroke into the block it is necessary to run a cam with a smaller base circle in order to provide clearance for the shoulders of the con rods.

Chevy infiltrator 12.34 @ 109.45 with a 1.73 sixty foot

Pure Stock