Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
Originally Posted By crabman173
Originally Posted By Cab_Burge
No alternator? I would put one on now and never look back, use a 65 amp or bigger one so the alternator will carry the electrical load and put some voltage back into the battery while racing it thumbs
Every drag car that I have tested with and without a alternator ran faster and quicker with the alternator working properly shock work scope
Todays electronics ignitions and all the other electrically driven race parts we use need a good supply of voltage to work properly thumbs work

Read this and rock on! I agree with Cab 110% If you don't run an alternator you are crazy--the Winners run one!!
Which winners would that be? Aside from a Stocker, don't think I ever saw a class car with an alternator on it. If you are talking about bracket cars, sure it's likely a good idea if you get where you can't charge the batt fully between rounds. But my own experience doesn't reflect Cabs at all. It takes power to turn the alternator while it's charging. In every instance we have tested on the dyno or the track, the alt cost you power and ET. If it helped even one tiny iota or anybody THOUGHT it would, every Pro-Stock car on the planet would have one. These are the same guys who think throwing the chute a little early helps "push" the car at the stripe. Ever seen a pro stocker with an alternator?

I would bet that 95% or more on this site are bracket racers
Bracket racers can give up that 1/2% to make damn sure they make call in the 7th round and are the same from round to round--now if they are racing Pro Stock they were not checking this thread
and on that....after very day on here since this site opened --and after aiming to help my fellow Mopar guys I see they are in good hands I sign off Ya'll have a good time!