Originally Posted By Monte_Smith
I know the INDY hate level on this board is high, but this is actually a pretty ridiculous statement.............So you are saying that a shop that sells no telling how many complete race motors a year that run well, can't do machine work? The problem is people don't give information. They say "I want a finished block" and then when they get it and it isn't perfect, they biotch. But did you tell them exactly what finish bore size you wanted. What RA finish you wanted. The exact deck height you wanted. The lifter bore clearance you wanted, etc. INDY has state of the art equipment and can do anything and in my experience WILL, if you ask them to

You try dealing with Indy when you're half way around the world.
my first dealing with them was a set of -1 heads. they arrived & had a lot of porosity showing in the castings. I rang Indy & they told me to send them back, on my dime!! & they'd send me another set, on my dime!. i had someone local do tests & we ran them as is.
my second dealing was a Maxx block. i told them i was going to run 4.375 pistons. they came rough bored to 4.375, by the time i torque plate honed them to get rid of the machine marks in the bores, i had 0.006 clearence. Indy says, send it back on my dime & they'll send a replacement, on my dime!. Sorry, good machining from Indy doesn't sit well with me. Hence my last Indy item came thru Todd & it's perfect.