Quote:

I put a 426 crate hemi from chrysler in my 70 cuda. We got if running last weekend but the valves were noisey. I followed the instructions and adjusted the valves by turning the engine 180 and adjusting various valves to zero than adding a turn and a half.Well they were still making noise so I pulled the covers and gave them all another 1/4 turn. Still noisey , so I again pulled the covers and gave them another 1/4 turn,I still have a couple noisey ones. I have all the valves down 2 turns , should I turn them down some more? Anybody ever adjusted a hemi running? I am getting tired of taking the covers on and off so any advice will be appreciated. By the way ,the car sounds great and has super throttle response, I just hope its not eating the cam.Thanks , Charlie.

Should only be 1/2 turn from zero lash. Might have a couple of bum lifters. No chance the cam is failing because this will make them tick. Might not be a bad idea to pull the intake and lifters and check the bottoms. I don't think you can pull them from the head.