Originally Posted By Neil
Once upon a time I thought I saw someone on here who'd made their own 450 look-a-likes using the outer hoops from 15x7 Olds Cutlass wheels?

The picture of the wheel on the tailgate in this post is one of our reproductions. This is made with the original 14 inch center and GM barrel. It is the closest you will get without spending big bucks.

Originally Posted By hemi70se
So if you want the best looking "fake 450" use an original 15x7 rim for a core.

An accurate reproduction can be made with an original 15x7 MOPAR barrel. This involves cutting apart a set of 15 x 7 ralleys and finding original 14"centers. This is all tricky as you take the risk of deforming any one of the pieces involved. Balance and run out quickly become an issue.

There has been discussion of these being reproduced in China by several people. I have not seen them yet. Supposedly the firm doing them does enough Chrysler products that the licensing fee will not be an issue. Again, this was 2 plus years ago, and nothing yet.

As Scott says, there are certain things to look for, of which many have been discussed in this thread.

I hope this adds value to the post. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in a set.

D

Seeking 1969 Lynch Road fender tags/Build Sheets/Window Stickers/VIN - Over 2300 so far thanks to you!!
2018 Demon Challenger PY4 A8 Black Hood
2017 Jeep Trail Hawk
2016 Hellcat Challenger PCP A8
1969.5 A12 Super Bee WM21 V1H F6 D21
1969 Coronet RT B5 D32 M46 N96