Quote:

Quote:

I can change the cam later if needed. I have a few trucks with them so thats not a problem. Just want a good cam for the 4bbl rite now.

Unless you are going to add headers, converter, and some gear a bigger cam is meaningless in a Slant and will probably slow you down.

I have to agree with that.

I run a slant six quite a bit and have learned alot about what to do and what is overkill.

Me and a friend make our own intakes and headers. We have fun and dont spend a pile of money doing it.

As far as a cam goes I love the mopar performance
.436 cam. It builds good low end torque and the specs make it seem like it would be perfect for a turbo engine as well. Most turbo engines especially slant six's tend to run better with a small or even stock cam. Problem here is that mopar performance quit making parts for the slant six and the cams are very hard to come by. So Im guessing the best bet would be a comp cams 252s or the 264s. I believe the 440 lift one would be ideal, which I believe is the 264s IIRC..(264 has more duration)

If you want a little more bottom end grunt and have 3.55-3.73 gears with increased compression an Isky 152116 (again IIRC) is a strong cam. This is a sweet performing street cam. But without headers I wouldnt bother putting a cam in one. This one is 448 lift.

Shave the head .100 to get around 9:1 comp.

Have fun..

Im building a slant drag car at the moment..and am having all grades of fun