I ran Zoom semi-metallic & Hays semi-metallic clutches for many, many years (sorry, never ran a McLeod). I had always read that the 3-finger "Borg & Beck" style clutches were much stronger than the "diaphragm" clutches (a lot of littler fingers) and I always went with the highest "static load" pressure plate I could find. That was back in the 1980's-1990's.

My car was off the road for many years and when I put it back together I went with a Hays 3-finger "street/strip" clutch like I always used to buy. I don't know if they're made in China these days or what, but it lasted all of 30 miles & ONE hard 1st-2nd shift and it blew up into so many pieces that it damaged my Lakewood scatter-shield.

I kept hearing about these "new" Centerforce clutches and I was skeptical since they're the "diaphragm" type.... but WOW! I have been very impressed with it so far. I haven't put slicks on the car or used the new nitrous system yet, but I've abused it pretty bad "motor only" and I like it. I did have to remove the over-center spring from behind the clutch pedal, which wasn't very difficult (2 hr. job tops). I heard that the pedal can stick to the floor at high rpm if you don't. I also noticed that the "static pressure" is MUCH lower which makes it very easy to drive. I remember with the old 3000-3400 lbs. Zoom/Hays pressure plates my left leg would be shaking because it was so tired if I had to stop/start in traffic....Centerforce does not have that problem.

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"