I have always loved the sound of Flowmasters on any car. They always seem to give the most chugging/powerful idle sound and have more of a deep roar at WOT versus the tinny sound that many other glass packs/turbo muffs have.

The downside is heavy drone from many chambered muffs, and also there are endless rumors about how poorly flowmasters flow/perform. I say rumors because I think much of it stemmed from a magazine article some years back that compared one particular flow master model muff (and if I remember right, it was one of their lesser flowing ones like a 50 series) to other muffs on a dyno and the Flowmaster had some poor results compared to other muffs.

A lot of what people cite is less than scientific, for example on the 94-6 Impala SS boards many guys were stating how they picked up power and dropped E/T when switching from Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust setups to other brand mufflers but they were also upgrading the pipe from 2.25 to 2.5 and going from 50 series flow master muffs (a mild sounding street muff) to something like Spintech Sportsman's, a wild sounding race muff.

One great thing is that I feel like Mopar's are kind of like 5.0 mustangs in that they always seem to sound good no matter what you do to them. I have had 500hp Chevy motors that sounded like loose sloppy farm truck motors at part throttle with the wrong exhaust system. Even with open headers at part throttle, my 340 always sounded awesome.