I have a 86 dodge truck that i put a 440 in that is real hard starting. it has a mp electronic distributor, stock black box, and a mopar tan top coil. it has a TQ carb and a edelbrock performer intake. when i try to start it first time in the morning it wont start at all and sometimes i get a pop when i turn the key to off. if it does start, once its warms up it runs great, if it doesnt start i can usually snuf it with starting fluid and it will start. the carb is a rebuilt one from summit, and i have checked the squriter and its pumping fuel, the choke is closing as it should and comes off fine after it warms up. i have checked the spark at the coil wire and i am getting spark. i have checked the ballist resistor for voltage,(12.7 in, 9.2 out). I have also checked it for intermittent voltage to the resistor, with a test light and it checks fine. I have replaced the coil, ecu , with other units with no change. does anyone have any ideas as to my problem, or a path as to how to track this down? The engine by the way is a fresh rebuilt and i have run a compression check also its fine.