My husband and I had a blast, even though it was too hot. I like the September date better, but we will come to this event no matter what, it's our favorite of the year.

Got down to 10 cars in Sportsman on Sunday. Which made for a late night. There are some touch racers at Monster Mopar, I had to fight hard for each win light. Though we never changed the dial on the car all weekend, it ran incredibility consistent even in the heat and humidity.

Met some new moparts members (I think I scared Bill Hartman?) and lots of old friends.

Met the Flying Dartman (Joe)...that guy is awesome! He let me sit in his car. And his car smelled better than mine did.

Hung out with mr340 and his posse a few times (NO, I didn't blink again!)

Gmoney1320 (Greg)....my favorite Greg. You need kids.

And a special shout out to Lonnie Smith for making fun of my boots.

Big kudos to my awesome husband, who tried to keep me as cool as possible in the heat. He even let me use him as shade. A spray bottle of water in a cooler in the trunk of your racecar?? PRICELESS.

And luckily I remembered to put pants on before the 2:00 AM bathroom visit. It was a close one though.

And to whoever fell off the back of the golf cart during the Saturday night drunken pit vehicle wheelstand competition....I salute you. You took one for the team.

pics to follow shortly.