I've had a GM style one wire alternator on my car for a few years. The car is a 70 Charger with stroker big block. Frankly it does not get out much any more. I have a March single serpentine system with the Tuff Stuff alternator. All wiring was new but it does have a stock style ammeter in the cluster that was redone by performance car graphics. I originally had an issue with the charging terminal being loose inside the case making me unable to get a tight connection on the charging wire. All is tight now and I had alternator rebuilt locally as well. Problem is it still does not look to be charging....the ammeter shows a moderate discharge and when tested with a multimeter at the battery it reads only 12.06 and no difference running or off. Originally this would show the charging. Ive read a few horror stories and it looks like I need to bypass the ammeter and just connect the wires together on the same terminal and then just run wire to straight to the battery or the starter relay. Any other ideas here?

Last edited by scoutsr2; 07/24/16 06:02 PM.