Quote:

One of the nicest guys I've ever met, "Happy Harry" Holton has one that's currently for sale. Not sure of the history of that car, except Harry got it from Robin Pellesier (sp) in the late 90's (??) Another, that be bought brandy new in 65 is now onwed and has been restored by Mark Viera in Turlock, CA I believe.

Hopefully Julie or Jared will correct mf if I'm wrong...

We got the car from Robin in 1996 according to the bill of sale. I'm trying to piece together that car's history a little bit better since we're in the process of selling it.

I've got a bill of sale from Robin Pellisier to Harry dated 5/17/96. I've got another bill of sale dated 4/23/87 that lists Anatoli Polewik of Ford Dodge, IA as the owner. Previous owner is shown as a Larry Wikoff from Washington, IA. Looks like a gentlemen by the name of David A Zeisser (sp? Can't read the handwriting) bought it from Polewik. I don't know any of the car's history in the years between Mr. Wikoff and the dealership.

I also have a couple of old timeslips (10.1's @ 132) that show car #5554. Anyone know who that might have been?

I also have the window sticker for the car. Was originally sold by McMahon Motors in Rawlins, WY. VIN# R051185655 on all documentation. Same # on the door jam.

We sold the "Hemi Countdown" (the one Harry bought new in '65) to Mark Vieira in '06 or '07, I don't remember which. Mark did a great job restoring the car to the way it looked in '65. It still is tubbed and has a chromoly cage, but paint scheme is exactly how it was campaigned in the '60's. Last I saw, it was for sale on the DuPont Registry website for $150k.

I'd love to strike it rich and buy both the cars and the "Hemi Countdown II" Dart now owned by a collector in NY. Nothing would make me happier than to own all of my grandfather's ex-racecars.

Last edited by Jared_Jordan; 03/22/10 08:51 PM.