I'm installing a stock, resto cam in my 426. Intake CL is supposed to be 112. I've checked it multiple times and mine is measuring at 106. I found TDC 2 different ways... with a stop and using the dial indicator. Both were right on. How can it be that far off? What factor would create this 6 degree difference from advertised?

The crank I have was a Swap meet find. It was used but was still very nice and is still std/std. There was something very unusual about it that I didn't notice until I went to install the balancer. The portion of the snout that accepts the balancer is machined further into the crank than normal and has a 2nd key-

I had a spacer made from a timing chain sprocket to fill the space-

I posted this years ago when I first ran across the issue but no one had a solid answer. I can't help but think this mystery crank has something to do with my CL issues. Now for the really stupid questions... Are there cranks that have adv/ret built in? Am I using a Mopar crank meant for something else besides a street hemi?

Please help. I am NOT bolting this thing up again without everything right and without ANY uncertainty of what's going on.

Later, Sandy '70 HEMI Road Runner B5/B5, 4 spd "Sandy's Garage" on Facebook