Originally Posted By moparx
how would one mount the radiator on a chassis type car without a core support ? for my 33 dodge humpback panel truck, i had in mind to mount the bottom in rubber similar to the "muffler hanger" mount. however for the top, i have no room for rods to the firewall as the engine is in the way, plus that method would impose stresses on the core due to being a solid type of mount. i thought of running a rod from the top of the radiator to the chassis at an approximate 45* angle and culminating at a rubber type cushion mount, but my mind draws a blank as to a type that would look very simple yet effective. think a "rubber lined" heim end of sorts. or could a solid heim be used on the chassis and a spring used at the top of the radiator core ? this would allow for some flex or movement of the radiator independent of the chassis, but still keep the radiator mounted securely along with the upper and lower hoses acting with the mounts. or would i be farther ahead to just fab a stout horse shoe type fixture and attach it to the chassis and mount the radiator in rubber to it instead ?
beer

This is how I did the Rampage... the race car is
basically the same way.. the bottom has a U bent up
with rubber in it and you can see the top.. I have to
lean the radiator over to clear the height... the upper
rail on the radiator is reinforced with 1/8" alum
EDIT
Also the top cover holds it it place.. the 1/8" alum
is angle thats mounted on the top of the radiator that
the cover screws into also
wave

120531_1143b-w640-h479.jpgDSC00189.JPG
Last edited by MR_P_BODY; 06/26/16 11:53 AM.