My point was that if the carb is jetted good for power right now I sure would not be dropping jet sizes for a cruise problem that I bet is mostly all on the transistion circuit. Once my carb was jetted at the track for power I am not going to jet down. I would lean down the IFR which is no big deal on a Holley type carb. Lean it a small amout and you should still be able to adjust your mixture for a good idle as I did on mine. But if you feel your rich all over then yea I would jet down then. Myself I like to jet my carb for best power and mph and then work the other circuits to fine tune it for cruise and idle. That way you are not affecting you power jetting. Also make sure the power valve is coming in at the right time but I dont think it will be open on a part throttle cruise unless you have it way off. I know when I cruise at part throttle I barely have the gas pedal pushed down any. Why would you want to set the idle and cruise without having the main jetting right first ? If you tune the cruise and idle circuits and then find you need to jet up at the track for power you then may have to retune the other circuits. I tune for full power first so I know I wont be changing my main jets and affecting my full power. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 06/20/16 06:55 PM.