Mechanical.

It's a carter not quite sure model number but will get it. It's not the 6 pack pump that I see many recommending, the carter 6 pack pump with two cylinders. The pump on the car has one cylinder with two ports. I started the car today and car is still smelly but fires up well and seems to drive well. Still haven't pulled off the carbs but will be working through all the issues that everyone has identified.

Doesn't surprise me that carbs could be way out of adjustment.. Just because someone rebuilds them and bench tests them does t mean they know what they are doing. They never asked me about my vacuum at idle or what cam I was using so I do have a lumpy cam which may have lowered my vacuum below factory specs. I also have a 1500-1800 stall sped on my converter so I will get those specs too. All I know is that I got put my foot into it to make it go from a dead stop.

I am at 900 rpm in park and 700 in drive. As I recall I had set initial timing to 18 degrees btdc and since I am using msd I do not have vacuum advance on the car.

Looking forward to figuring this out. Thanks again for al l the help and support.