Part 5

HardcoreB and I head to Milan. I'm about 1h15min North of there. Heading there to meet Randy (Dartin) there for some tests. TWO AND A HALF HOURS LATER.... we finally make it through the worst traffic you can imagine.

Now it's 6pm. I get the car off the trailer, run it over to tech... no issues, so I drive it back over to check the tires and get ready for the first run.

Suddenly it starts making this weird clattering noise. HardcoreB and I look at eachother like WHAT WAS THAT? Then the noise is gone... very strange. Not taking any chances, we take the valve covers off. Bump the motor over and check all of them. Everything is good and tight. Climb under the car and check all the converter bolts... all good.

Start taking the plugs out... get to #7 and it looks BRAND new... like it's not firing. It's also closed shut... no gap. UH OH.

I take piston is near TDC, and HardcoreB can see down there that the top of the piston is beat to SH!T from something bouncing around in there. #$%^&... great. Push the car back on the trailer... finish watching Dartin' make some passes and we head home.