Part 1 - Finally got my '62 all back together this week. Started off last Sunday by having it ALMOST all together. Had the motor primed, and all I had to do was throw the distributor in it and button a few things up. Well tightening the boost line on the back of the manifold... the 9/32" socket falls off the ratchet, and OF COURSE... falls right into the distributor hole... all the way to the pan. @#$%^&

So the next day I drain all the oil out, and I go fishing with a magnet through the drain plug hole... can't find it. Then after "fishing" for a while, I realize that the socket is probably sitting on top of the baffle... not in the sump. So I jack the back of the car up as high as I can get it... pound on the pan with a hammer, and I get it to roll down into the sump. Go "fishing" for a bit longer, and finally after 1hr plus of trying to get this thing out... I FINALLY get it hooked with the magnet!

Only to find out.... it's about .020" too big to fit through the drain plug hole!!!! I don't know weather to laugh or cry at this point, but after all of that, the pan had to come off.

VERY lucky for me my Dad (dvw) had just 1 week earlier convinced me to cut the K-frame JUST INCASE the pan ever had to come out in the car! So what's funny is I was able to get the pan off in 16 minutes after screwing around with the magnet for well over an hour! ha ha ha... Oh well... lesson learned.

https://youtu.be/BN7NP3u8rSY

Gotta love racecars!